Effective Date: December 29, 2016
4 Leaf Labs collects and receives information in the following ways:
Information you give us to create an account. When you create a 4 Leaf Labs merchant account (“4 Leaf Labs Account”), we ask you to provide information about yourself and your business including:
- Personal information. This refers to information about you that can be used to contact or identify you personally. “Personal Information” includes, but is not limited to, name, phone number, bank account information, email addresses, home postal addresses, unique device identifiers, Internet Protocol address (“IP Address”), and other personal information associated with your 4 Leaf Labs Account that is not otherwise publicly available (collectively, an “Account Profile”).
- Business and other non-personal information. We may ask you to provide information about your business such as your business name, business postal address, business phone number, Federal Tax ID number (or other similar employer identification number), and other such information specific to your business.
Information we collect when you use our services. When you use our services including the 4 Leaf Labs software or website we will collect the following:
- Log Data. Our servers automatically record information that your browser or mobile device sends whenever you use our services (“Log Data”). The Log Data may include information such as your IP Address, mobile device ID, browser type, operating system, the referring URL of the webpage you were visiting before you came to our website, the URL of pages of our website that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you searched for, access times and dates, application marketplace downloads and usage data, and other statistics.
- Location Information. 4 Leaf Labs may receive location information from your device when you use our software. This information may include GPS signals or information about WiFi access locations. 4 Leaf Labs may also receive IP Addresses, which we may use to derive geographic location..
Information you may give us when you use our services. You may provide us with the Personal Information of your customers or employees.
- To provide, improve and enhance the services 4 Leaf Labs offers and markets those services,
- To research and develop new products, applications, features and services,
- To facilitate transactions and administer payments,
- To monitor and analyze use of the services 4 Leaf Labs offer and for technical administration,
- To detect and take action against fraud and abusive activities including activities that we determine violate the terms of any agreement for your use of our services,
- To respond to your inquiries, and
- To contact you regarding Account activities or send you communications relevant to your use of 4 Leaf Labs services.
4 Leaf Labs will only use the Personal Information of a merchant’s employees or customers that is provided by a merchant to 4 Leaf Labs to provide 4 Leaf Labs services to such merchant unless a merchant’s employees or customers have consented to other uses of their Personal Information.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information Shared with Agents and Service Providers. We may share information we collect or you provide to us with the agents or third party service providers of 4 Leaf Labs who need the information to fulfill their business responsibilities to 4 Leaf Labs, but such agents or third party service providers are not allowed to use the information for any other purpose.
Analytics Services. We use analytics service providers to better understand usage patterns on the 4 Leaf Labs.com website. These providers collect information on our behalf using cookies and similar technologies. We use these service providers to better understand how people use our services and so that we can improve the design and usability of our products. We do not engage in “tracking” users outside of our service and website. Consistent with this, we do not take any action when a browser sends us a DNT (do-not-track) signal.
De-identified Information. We may de-identified information to third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling, targeting or other purposes. Any de-identified information shared in these contexts will not contain your Personal Information.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement. 4 Leaf Labs cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including, but not limited to, subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of 4 Leaf Labs or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
Business Transfers. 4 Leaf Labs may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization, or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
Changing or Deleting Your Information. You may review, update, or correct the Personal Information and Business Information in your Account Profile by logging into your Account. After deleting your Account, you may email us at [email protected] with a request that we delete your Account Profile from our database. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your Account Profile for a variety of reasons, such as to comply with our legal requirements, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, or any other lawful business purpose.
Security and Data Protection
Security and keeping your personal data secure is important to 4 Leaf Labs. But remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure.
We take steps to limit access to Personal Information only to those employees or third party service providers of 4 Leaf Labs who we reasonably believe have a need to access such Personal Information to provide products or services to you or to fulfill their business responsibilities to 4 Leaf Labs. eg. access to personal data is limited to critical staff through secured passwords and certificates.
4 Leaf Labs employs appropriate measures to protect Personal Information that we collect and maintain. These measures may include, among others, encryption, physical access security, web application firewalls and other appropriate technologies.
Identity theft and the practice currently known as “phishing” are of great concern to 4 Leaf Labs. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is a top priority. 4 Leaf Labs does not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, your 4 Leaf Labs Account credentials, login password, or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication. For more information about phishing, visit the Federal Trade Commission’s website, which is located at www.consumer.ftc.gov.
Your Personal Information may be transferred to and maintained on computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. By supplying Personal Information to us, you consent to your Personal Information being transferred to and maintained across national borders by 4 Leaf Labs or third party service providers of 4 Leaf Labs.
Links to Other Websites, Other Services and 3rd Party Apps
Our Policy Towards Children
Our services are not directed to children under 13 and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files as soon as possible.
Contacting 4 Leaf Labs